• George Hedon of Pausefest and myself will be presenting at SxSW Interactive 2017. We’re bringing our shared love of putting passionate local creatives and technologists together to Austin.
• As a serial SxSW Interactive Attendee and PauseFest Board Advisor, I’m compiling all of my discoveries and insights into a day of ideas, arguments and futurism. If you are curious about where technology might take us, do come along.
• I’m currently a consulting to a number of pure play digital, influencer and content based agencies both locally and overseas. My main offering being the workshop technique I’ve devised to rapidly generate campaign and product ideas using combinations of cultural tensions, common behaviours, and emerging tech.
• I am completing collaborations with a start-up called PickStar with the great Sam Hodgson and Chris Jovanov. We’ve been helping them with their branding, digital strategy, and growing and scaling their product. I think this idea is uniquely tapping into the insight that we value experiences above things, and what we do will soon far outweigh what we have.
• My Look Birdy app I created last year has been licensed by Pedigree Dog Food as DogSelfie. It’s exciting to see what began as a personal project to test out my making and marketing skills go this far. It launched a couple of months ago and pushed itself into number 73 in the Australian app store, achieving tens of thousands of downloads. Funny what happens when you finish something.
• I have some new workshops that are taking shape, namely one on Digital Literacy, and another that teaches creatives to integrate data into their process. More on that soon.
• My short-term plan is to work with good people working on good things. So far so good.